Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cuz Merle Butler Hits it Big!

You may know him simply as the big jackpot winner named Merle Butler of bustling Red Bud, Illinois, but he'll always be Big Merle to me.  You see, he's my dear cuz--actually four times removed and one time returned (on Jake's side).


Years may pass me by, but I will never forget all that time we spent together doing stuff in that one place by the thing.  Yes, those memories are indelibly stamped, written, and etched  into my brain--like accounting thingies.


Perhaps this windfall blessing might place you (Merle) in a position to help with the care of our 25 year-old feral cat, YumYum.  You see, she has been stricken with cat diseases and stuff.  She also has type B fur balls, which are very expensive to correct and may require both cat psychotherapy and aroma therapy.   We just learned the state doesn't cover the live-in (young) nurse, so that might have to come from the entertainment fund. Otherwise, we might not be able to keep Frank...I mean the cat, YumYee.  She also wants a small, flightless bird--with a long bow and string, and maybe cat bells.


So, Merle, if you're reading this, I trust you remember your good friend who wore glasses and often a shirt and pants?  You may remember me with either blond or dark hair.  (It's a long story, but my sister was taking beautician classes at the time.)  Yes, that was me!  If indeed you recall your friend of indeterminate age and race, I hope you will keep your long lost cousin in your thoughts.  


After all, it was hard to be compelled to leave the beauty and graceful majesty of Red Bud for the big city of Burksville Station that one time when I saw you last--in front of that building we knew so well.  Talk about a tragic day!  How could we ever forget, right?  Hope we can get together and...talk about old times.  E-mail's fine, too.  Want my PayPal number?


PS.  I have not told anyone about what you buried north of town that one night in 1982--because I wasn't involved, or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment