You don't have to be a a successful auditor to recognize that the three Rs don't only apply to great (recycled) Twitter and Facebook content! They pertain to every facet of your life--from toilet water to drinking water. (Not just for Fido anymore.) In fact, many people never even notice the water we serve visitors to the office. "This water is so fresh," they'll often exclaim. It's amazing what some good refrigeration will accomplish. Truth be known, sometimes we also run the water through a coffee filter to remove "particulates."
Here's an idea to make your life more sustainable and--reduce your carbon noseprint! Use kitty litter to make your Christmas gifts. That's right, kitty litter isn't just a great potpourrrri (get it?). It also makes a wonderful gift. Here's how to make it so.
1. Rinse kitty litter in fresh toilet water.
2. Use food coloring to make the appearance more appealing!
3. Sprinkle with cinnamon and vanilla for an aromatic dimension.
4. Mold into fun animal shapes and patterns!
5. Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
6. Leave house for a while.
7. Return and open windows. Turn on fans.
8. Enjoy kitty litter animals and other fun-filled creations. (They smell interesting, too!)
9. Repeat (as desired) to keep the earth all happy and content.
Bonus tip: Kitty Litter Crafts make a wonderful discussion in interview settings. It helps break the ice, as well as demonstrates that you care about the environment as much as you care about your cat! You're sure to be hired fast!
Parted (and Unparted) Thoughts:
Thanks to SNL for doing the cat litter skit some years ago that sparked the idea for the RRR angle. Also, this article has been picked-up in at least one online publication, which makes me feel it necessary to say yet again... It's a joke, people!