Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dealing with Agreeable People (Puffy Face Method)

Almost as distressing as "Dealing with Difficult People" is  addressing agreeable people.  Let's face it, it's hard to make some chatty people (Frank) stop talking.  Many times this takes the form of "social interaction," which I strongly frown upon.  A relative of mine learned that suddenly beginning to disrobe produced an interesting effect, yet I have not yet managed to adapt this technique successfully as yet.  (It might have something to do with the padlocks.)


So, you're in a social situation and an attractive person approaches you, completely invading your bubble of privacy.  What do you do?  I sometimes will take my (circa 1990s) cell phone and proceed to "pretend" to dial myself.  Truth be known, however, this whole act is somewhat confusing to me, and I have been known to create situations where I've stopped talking to myself for days--literally.


Ashley Judd's whole puffy face controversy thing recently gave me a great idea.  I now carry a small container of yellow jackets.  (As long as you feed them from time to time, they do fine.)  As soon as the troubling social situation presents itself, I nonchalantly open the vial and press it against my face.  Usually, after several "applications" my bee allergy kicks in!  My face gets super puffy and my breathing starts to get obstructed.  After I stab myself repeatedly with the EpiPen, I soon am feeling much better.  During this period of time, the annoying person usually moves off.  


Admittedly, a "do-gooder" sometimes pesters me with questions about calling 911, the doctor, etc, but that's why I carry the second vial of bees!  (This also works well with jelly fish, but it can be a little more cumbersome to carry the tank.)


My technique may not work for everyone, but I am sure it will work for you.  Try today!



No comments:

Post a Comment