Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Jerry Seinfeld Coming to ABC’s “The River” (New Comedy)? + **BONUS** Krispy Kudos for Microsoft!

Sometimes it's nice to laugh.  Happened to watch the premier of last night's new comedy, “The River," which appeared on ABC.  It was a lot funnier than Lost.  The jerking camera movements made me sick, but that was okay, because the cat was sitting right there.  She needed a bath anyway.  The characters were silly, too!  At one point, there was a completely unexplained change in the opposing opinions held by two main characters.  There was no substantive background or explanation shared with the audience, reminding me of Frank's attempt at a screenplay.  

Except, thankfully, ABC never intended for this to be a suspenseful action thriller, but clearly created this as a comedy, satire in its most refined and rarefied form.  From the silly "Amazon River" shots that reminded me of the little creek in my neighborhood, cliches galore, inconsistent and halfhearted characterization, and silly jumping camera moves that reminded me of Frank trying to film his own birth, this was splendid satire all the way!  Not one moment of the out-of-focus and jerking moving picture actually resembled the intended genre.  Great job, ABC!  I look forward to future comedic episodes.  Is it true Jerry Seinfeld will be making a guest appearance later in the season as the evil Dr. Glock?

Now, on to Microsoft...  Lately, I've had far too much free time on my hands.  Leave it to Microsoft to address this in a unique and puzzling way!  In the tradition of "Fatal Error," "Catastrophic Error," or the ever-popular “Unknown Error” messages, Microsoft has unveiled something new to eat away at that abundance of uncomfortable free time, freeing us from the risk of introspection and book-learnin’.  As a Microsoft customer for years, I never expected to be told that I had to manually move all my e-mails and re-build websites just in order to stay a customer!  It's like I'm being penalized! Wow, Microsoft Rocks!  I get to spend hours and hours manually transferring data from Office Live to  Microsoft’s Office 365, instead of them actually designing something that seamlessly performs the way one might expect and “hope” the first time....kinda like an iMac, which I avoid because of their predictable ease of use out-of-the-box.  
Gotta go!  New Microsoft error message to keep me free of free time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment